Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We Voted



Here's a picture of Dan's shirt with his sticker - I was so very proud of him, as this was the first time in 15 years that he's voted. When we first met and he said he didn't vote because his vote didn't matter (and in RI he's actually sort of right), I tried to argue but then decided that this one one of these "deal breaker issues" for me that had lead to, um, nothing good. Meaning, I would never date a guy who didn't vote because that meant he wasn't very bright and blah blah blah - you get the picture. None of these so-called smart guys ever treated me very well, and if I have learned one thing in my life, it's that there's a million kinds of smart. And Dan is plenty smart.

Anyway, when we moved, I registered to vote - and much to my surprise, so did Dan. I did not nag - in fact, I never said anything other than that I was registering. When I asked about his change of heart he said, "Yeah, this shit has to stop. I don't know if I will help stop it, but I don't want that old cranky bastard as the President. And I like Obabma's voice - I could listen to him all day."

Like I said - smart.

No comments: