Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday

Dan and I did a whole lot of nothing today. I sat down several times to get "stuff done" on the computer, but just ended up getting sucked into the whirling vortex of Wikipedia for hours on end.

We did manage to go out for breakfast, and on a trip to the local shoe store - which was a huge mistake. Why was this a mistake, you ask? Well, it's this hole-in-the-wall looking place, and I hadn't bothered to go in because, frankly, it looked like one of those outlets with ugly shoes inside. But today we were on a mission to find Dan some "cheap" day-hikers, so we decided to stop in. And oh, my, God, it was a veritable gold mine of Keens and Merrells, my two favorite shoe brands! Naturally this meant that the prices weren't "cheap," but we managed to find Dan a nice pair of boots. I restrained myself and left empty-handed, but I'm sure I will leave a good chunk of my next paycheck there.

Dan spent the afternoon watching tv, we ate left-over Chinese food from last night, and watched one of my favorite movies, Beautiful Girls.

Ain't life grand?

1 comment:

Christine G. said...

um, you've forgotten to blog? how are you nano'ing?