Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's time for NaBloPoMo - Again!

I hold no illusions that I will be successful with NaBloPoMo this year, given that I haven't blogged in months, but what the Hell.

I haven't been as absent from the online world as you might think - in fact, I have been pretty much glued to Facebook and the ease of regular, mindless, irrelevant status updates. My life has devolved into work and sitting home staring at the TV or the computer, so I haven't had much to say. I have no social life at all here, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't get into doing things alone. I love my husband - and really, he's the sweetest man alive - but he has little interest in doing any of the things I like. He'll go on a cache if I ask, and he usually has a good time, but it's not anything he'd do on his own, and that makes a big difference when it comes to hiking. I go alone on occasion, but after caching for years with a partner, it's really just not as much fun alone.

And naturally, because The Universe (tm) hates me, I sprained my ankle - AGAIN - three weeks ago while caching - right after I joined a coed pick-up volleyball group. I have missed volleyball, and I was hoping that it would help with both the exercise and social deficits in my life, so of course I fuck up my ankle to the point that I am still in a good deal of pain daily. This is at least the 20th sprain/break I have had, and I'm simply tired, frustrated, and pissed. Boy, I'll bet that's a surprise.


On the happy end of the spectrum (yes, every once in a while there is a happy end), Halloween was great. I made/cobbled together the kids costumes, and they LOVED them! And they looked freaking adorable. We went trick-or-treating in a neighborhood on the other side of town, and it was warm and windy and foggy with a bright moon - perfect. Mom dressed in her witch outfit, and that's always a hit. She also dressed as Big Edie from Grey Gardens the day before for work - but that was a little esoteric for most people (but it was a riot if you got the joke).


And even happier - we got a dog! I have been wanting a dog for a while now, and had just been waiting for the right time and the right dog. Simon is a sweet sweet baby - a Portuguese Podengo and (probably) weiner-dog mix, under a year old. Right now he's a bit too "friendly" - we almost named him Quagmire - but that will be rectified next week when we bid the nuggets a fond farewell. He's an absolute love muffin.

No comments: